International market support
The market need:
- Consolidate industry wide policy trade policy positions in the interests of Australian dairy.
- Proactively respond to current and potential technical issues
- Reinforce the “Why Australia?” message with global customers.
- Assist industry to understand the opportunities and challenges presented by increasingly complex global marketplace
- Australian dairy manufacturers and exporters.
- Key customers in Japan, China, SE Asia and the Middle East.
- DFAT, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Focus resources on existing large markets or large emerging opportunities in Japan, China, SE Asia and the Middle East.
- Trade Policy: Provide detailed technical support to industry and government negotiators (and where requested taking lead role in presenting industry positions).
- Maintain networks of like-minded industry groups both domestic and international who will pursue similar trade objectives /outcomes to in relevant trade forums.
- Market Development Programs: Co-ordinate market development initiatives in Australia and target countries. Review targets annually in consultation with export managers of Australian dairy companies and partner groups in target markets.
- Trade support: Help local exporters with management of technical barriers to trade and/or specific market requirements.
- Analysis: Deliver strategic market insights and solutions through scanning for / understanding / communicating the effects of global policies and market developments that might impact on the Australian diary industry.