Supporting manufacturing innovation and sustainability
To support the sustainability of the Australian dairy processing community for the benefit of Australian dairy farmers by improving industry cohesion and accelerating the implementation of innovative technologies and practices which reduce the costs of production and distribution of Australian dairy products as well as improve and promote the manufacturers’ environmental performance thereby adding value and enhancing international competitiveness.
3 year plan focus
- Oversee DIAL transition and DA exit (including legacy projects such as the ARC Dairy Innovation Hub). Ensure best use of assets and IP for the Australian dairy industry.
- Implement programs which support DA’s revised support strategy for manufacturers such as the DATT Scheme and Transform Dairy Fund. Monitor success and adjust as required.
- Develop and maintain on-line resources to support manufacturers.
- Migrate management of DMSC and SDN from DIAL to DA.
- Explore collaborative opportunities and mechanisms to leverage additional support.