Herd Improvement Strategy 2020
Dairy farmers maximise their profit through a vibrant herd improvement industry offering effective and highly valued services.
3 year plan focus
- Provide genetic evaluation and support genetic improvement extension.
- Rewrite and upgrade the system which calculates breeding values.
- Implement an extension, engagement and marketing plan; redesign herd test and genetics reports.
- Create a Central Data Repository.
- Redesign of genetic improvement governance structures through the creation of a new entity.
- Work program including demonstration herds, desk top analysis and other activities.
- Implement improved herd test functions; improve breed society efficiency; small projects to improve service delivery.
- Develop project for ongoing collection of phenotypic data
- Develop industry training program for herd improvement personnel; training and support in conjunction with NCDE.