Improving soil and nutrient management
80% of dairy farmers report using industry nutrient management good practice by 2020.
3 year plan focus
- Fert$mart maintenance and delivery, including Fert$mart professional development.
- Identification of high risk nutrient loss catchments, nutrient loss hot spots and effective strategies to mitigate.
- Effective nitrogen management practices at a field & whole farm scale
- Improved nitrogen/carbon cycle modelling capacity of Australian dairy systems
- Tools and resources to better manage and utilise dairy effluent.
- Fertiliser, soils and water extension modules integrated into Feedbase programs