Human nutrition research and science
To protect industry reputation through credible research supporting the nutritional and health impact of dairy product consumption.
3 year plan focus
- Address key evidence gaps in dairy product nutrition science, to support key industry policy positions and provide the basis for substantiated communications to policy makers, health influencers and consumers.
- Address evidence gaps in critical health areas:
- Bone health - Fractures study – A study into improved health for elderly through increased dairy consumption.
- Support dairy in dietary recommendation research – The role of dairy foods within the Mediterranean diet.
- Australia’s dietary intake – further analysis relating to the role dairy foods.
- Health aspects of full fat dairy product in cardiovascular health.
- Research into the association between intake of sodium and dairy-related nutrients and blood pressure.