Production inputs monitor
Dairy Australia's Production inputs monitor (originally the Drought Report).
Monthly update on farm inputs including:
Hay and grain
Production Inputs Monitor - Issue 141 - June 2017
Key points from the June 2017 Production Inputs Monitor
- Hay trading in northern Australia picked up this month as supply is increasingly scarce.
- 2016/17 is projected to be the fourth consecutive year with record breaking grain supply.
- Oversupply of fertilizers has pushed prices well below long run averages.
- The BOM forecasts a dry and warm winter.
- Water prices in the Murray irrigation system reached a new five-year low.