WestVic Dairy Regional Extension Officer
- Full Time position
- Competitive salary package, including a fully maintained motor vehicle
- Based out of the WestVic Dairy Camperdown office
- Opportunity to drive positive outcomes for dairy farmers
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our role is to help farmers adapt to a changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry. We act as the ‘investment arm’ of the industry, investing in projects that can’t be done efficiently by individual farmers or companies.
WestVic Dairy is the Regional Development Program for Dairy Australia located in south west Victoria. WestVic Dairy provides a range of programs and projects to support the region’s dairy farmers.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and working within a small team, the Regional Extension Officer will be responsible for managing a number of WestVic Dairy’s education and extension projects, including involvement in farmer discussion groups and focus farms.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter capable of building strong relationships with the regions dairy farmers, service providers, other extension providers and training organisations. Technical skills in animal production, health and fertility as well as dairy farming would be highly advantageous.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in veterinary / animal science (preferable), environmental / agricultural sciences or equivalent
- Experience in working with farmers or farmer groups
- Good organisational and communications skills
- Confidence and experience in conducting workshops and discussion groups
- Experience in project management
For further information about the role please contact Regional Manager, Lindsay Ferguson 0418 545 580.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications close at 5pm Friday 30 June 2017.
WestVic Dairy Regional Extension Officer (PDF, 103KB)