Dairy Australia (DA) develops tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
WestVic Dairy is the Regional Development Program that supports DA in providing a range of programs, projects, and services to western Victoria’s dairy farmers.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and working within a small team, the role of the Career Development Coordinator (CDC) is to increase engagements of participants into education and training that supports future dairy industry needs. The CDC will pro-actively work with DET, VET sector, secondary schools, career teachers, universities, dairy industry including processors and industry network groups of dairy farmers.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Actively promoting and assisting in identifying and supporting career pathways into the industry supply chain and training.
- Providing a framework that supports dairy industry employers to connect with education providers at a regional level
- Building ready networks of dairy farm businesses and service sector businesses that are willing and engaged to take on students
- Increasing participation in industry relevant training
- Contributing to relevant education/training, Learning & Development offerings provided for the dairy industry.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience in extension skills and practice and/or education and training
- A tertiary qualification in science or approved equivalent or significant demonstrated experience in agriculture or education
- Knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector specifically dairy
- Operating in a multi-stakeholder environment.
This role will suit a candidate with strong stakeholder engagement skills that has a project delivery focus. Previous experience working with a variety of stakeholders in the agricultural and more specifically dairy industry will set the successful candidate up for success in the role.
Why work for Dairy Australia/WestVic Dairy:
Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
To submit your application, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Career Development CoordinatorWestVic Dairy (PDF, 753 KB)