Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
Dairy Australia is undergoing organisational change to ensure it can harness expertise and best support the needs of the dairy industry.This is your chance to be part of that change!
Dairy Australia is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to lead a broad range of accounting and finance duties including leading the financial reporting process, delivery of timely and accurate financial data and implementing improvements in finance processes and systems as well as providing business partnering support to divisional managers within Dairy Australia.
Based in Southbank, Melbourne, in order to excel in this role, you will be a proactive "can-do" individual, with a strong work ethic and highly developed attention to detail and reporting skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of management reporting and analysis for senior leadership and the Board
- Manage day-to-day Finance activities to enable the business to effectively manage performance
- Coordinate month end reporting and associated activities
- Complete the annual financial statements in accordance with Corporations Act, Statutory Funding Agreement and Australian Accounting Standards, interpretations and other guidelines
- Manage and coordinate internal and external audits and implement recommendations
- Co-ordinating annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes
- Provide partnering support to the business, including information on project spend and financial support and advice
- Consistently driving process improvements and efficiencies
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation with a collaborative culture. This is a team where people support each other and work together to achieve great outcomes for the business.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CPA or CA)
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial management position
- Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Why work for Dairy Australia:
We aim to provide benefits that promote the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees, such as;
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Health checks
- Flu vaccinations
- Subsidised gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
- Moving house leave - take a day to unpack and settle in - on us!
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Salary continuance
- Flexi-hours and work from home options
- Length of Service Awards
- Our Udderly social club and more.
For more information on this role you can contact Imogen McBain on 03 9694 3892
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Finance Manager (PDF, 185 KB)