Dairy Australia develops tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
An exciting opportunity exists to lead the Finance & Procurement function within Dairy Australia. The position will provide ongoing guidance and support to the Board and Management team to deliver on financial objectives. This position will also provide strategic direction on developing robust plans for continually improving finance functions and will lead the ongoing focus of improved procurement processes across Dairy Australia.
The key responsibilities of the position include (however are not limited to):
- Set the direction for forecasting and annual budget processes, through liaising with senior ensuring annual and strategic budgets are aligned with the relevant strategic and annual operating plans
- Direct and review the preparation of forecast/budget income and expenditure statements, balance sheets, cash flows and financial commentary
- Maintain required financial records in accordance with ATO requirements and relevant legislation
- Facilitate relationships with internal and external auditors and provide regular updates to the Board and ARMC
- Supervise the investment of cash reserves & ensure appropriate structuring of investments
- Accountable for appropriate management of cash and working capital requirements
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of all finance and accounting systems, processes, procedures, budgeting, reporting, data management and analysis
- Direct and review the completion of Board and management reports on the financial and operational performance of Dairy Australia
- Develop, motivate and lead the finance & procurement team, providing support and coaching, encouraging staff development and clarifying performance goals
- Manage resources to maximise team efficiency, effectiveness and outputs
The successful candidate will have the below skill and experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in a financial management position with leadership responsibilities
- Deep technical experience in finance and accounting in complex organisations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Proven strategic planning experience at a management level
- Knowledge of the dairy industry would be advantageous although not essential
The successful candidate will be an experienced people leader with well-developed influencing skills who will excel working in a complex industry. You will enjoy working collaboratively across teams at Dairy Australia whilst having an eye for process improvement opportunities.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
A competitive remuneration package is available, and can be discussed upon application.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Controller (PDF, 120 KB)