Dairy Australia develops tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
An exciting opportunity exists to ensure Dairy Australia continues to play an integral and leading role in enhancing the international trade environment for Australian dairy by managing the development and implementation of effective business strategies and programs.
Key responsibilities include (however not limited to):
- Effectively manage the International Trade team to ensure that team members deliver work of a consistent high standard that meets organisational and industry needs
- Work with the industry organisations and companies to coordinate the development of agreed industry positions on trade policy that benefit Australian dairy and that these positions are effectively communicated to, and endorsed by, Australian government
- Maintain strong networks with key stakeholder groups to ensure that Dairy Australia views/advice are regularly sought on emerging trade issues
- Provide detailed submissions and technical support to government/ industry negotiators in negotiations and disputes that affect Australian dairy competitiveness
- Ensure that emerging threats/challenges to Australia’s export trade are dealt with in a timely effective manner
- Work closely with exporters to develop industry level market development activities that improve the perceived value and confidence that buyers attach to Australian dairy
The successful candidate will have the below skill and experience:
- Proven record of performance in areas of trade policy advice/global market development
- Strong experience within international agriculture and/or food trade
- Experience managing a project or being a part of a project team
- People management experience within a complex organisation
- Proven record of strategy development
- Ability to write and edit industry submissions and reports to a high standard
- Strong research and analysis capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to build and retain strong professional relationships
The successful candidate will be an experienced people leader with well-developed influencing skills who will excel working in a complex industry.
You will enjoy working collaboratively across teams in and outside of Dairy Australia whilst being able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the trade policy environment.
Dairy industry experience and foreign language skills will be desirable although not essential.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Manager International Trade (PDF 103KB)