Networking and learning opportunities for farmers and service providers in the Tasmanian dairy industry aged 18-35. Find out what we’re up to and how to get involved here.
Young Dairy Network Tasmania
The Young Dairy Network Australia (YDNA) ensures regional young farmers are supported nationally, providing a forum for sharing information, exchanging ideas and staying connected. In Tasmania, the Young Dairy Network Tasmania (YDN Tas) is the regional network in the state.
YDN Tas groups operate in all Tasmanian dairying regions, including the North East, Central North and North West. There is the opportunity to have a other regional groups in the South and King Island, depending on interest. Regional groups are driven by local farmers to ensure activities meet the needs of the local community. The Network is a collaborative effort amongst industry stakeholders within the state.
The groups aim to:
- Assist the next generation of dairy farmers to further develop their skill sets
- Assist younger farmers in dealing with issues specific to their needs
- Encourage enthusiasm and motivation to young people in the dairy industry
- Provide inspiration to young farmers and new entrants to stay within the industry
- Provide opportunities for developing networks and relationships with other young farmers and people throughout the industry, and
- Ensure the young farmer network is maintained across the Tasmanian dairy industry
For more information about the YDN, activities and groups in your region and signing up please contact:
Mobile: 0429 698 168
YDN Tas is on Facebook
Not sure about membership yet? Check out some of our activities and events by liking YDN Tas on Facebook.