20 May 2020
|Date||AT '23||AT '22||AT '5YA|
Notes:Change in price is the change since the last report. Prices are estimates based on delivery to dairy farms with allowance for freight, storage, and marketing costs, but exclusive of GST. Wheat prices are for the relevant stockfeed wheat available in a region (ASW, AGP, SFW1 or FED1) and F1 for barley.
- Wheat: Down $15 ($420 to $430/tonne). Barley: Down $10 ($415 to $425/tonne). Maize: Up $5 ($485 to $495/tonne). Sorghum: Down $15 ($395 to $405/tonne).
- Growing areas in Queensland have experienced significant rainfall over the past week, with some areas receiving over 100mm, although other areas missed out and received less than 10mm. The system is not finished yet, with rainfall forecast to continue into next week. The recent rain is expected to see summer crop planting ramp up.
- Wheat prices were softer this week as end users are mostly covered through into the new year. Traded volumes have declined with harvest now finished and grain in storage on farm and in depots.
- Barley prices firmed as grower selling pulls back for the feed grades. Chinese demand also added support to the market.
- Sorghum prices softened on the back of forecast rainfall which should see planting ramp up.