Read grain data and statistics about the Atherton Tableland region.
- June rainfall: 0 mm (Avg: 37.7 mm)
- Rainfall year to date: 1300.9 mm (Avg: 984.4 mm)
- Wheat: +$10 ($425 to $435/tonne). Prices firmed again as the tight supply situation continues to make things hard for consumers. There is some rain on the forecast that will come as a relief to QLD growers and may subdue markets somewhat.
- Barley: +$5 ($565 to $575/tonne). Barley is priced way out of the market, freight here is the issue.
- Corn: Steady ($480 to $490/tonne).
- Sorghum: Steady ($395 to $405/tonne). Markets continue to be driven by export demand which has fallen in recent weeks.
Change in price is the change since the last report. Prices are estimates based on delivery to dairy farms with allowance for freight, storage, and marketing costs, but exclusive of GST. Wheat prices are for the relevant stockfeed wheat available in a region (ASW, AGP, SFW1 or FED1) and F1 for barley.
This report has been commissioned by Dairy Australia to provide an independent and timely assessment of grain and hay markets in each dairying region. It should be remembered that actual prices may vary for quality or other reasons. Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this report, to the fullest extent permitted by Australian law Dairy Australia disclaims all liability for any inadvertent errors and for any losses or damages stemming from reliance upon its content. Dairy Australia recommends that all persons seek independent advice and, where appropriate, advice from a qualified adviser, before making any decisions about changes to business strategy.