North Coast NSW
|Date||N NSW '20||N NSW '19||N NSW '5YA|
Notes:Change in price is the change since the last report. Prices are estimates based on delivery to dairy farms with allowance for freight, storage, and marketing costs, but exclusive of GST. Wheat prices are for the relevant stockfeed wheat available in a region (ASW, AGP, SFW1 or FED1) and F1 for barley.
- Wheat: Up $15 ($260 to $270/tonne). Barley: Up $10 ($205 to $215/tonne). Maize: Steady ($375 to $385/tonne). Sorghum: Steady ($245 to $255/tonne).
- The harvest has continued to progress across the state over the past week following continued warm and dry weather.
- Forecasts are anticipating favourable harvest conditions with no significant rainfall predicted in the next two weeks.
- Wheat prices have increased slightly, supported by strength in offshore markets, with minimal grower selling. Overall quality and protein levels remain high following ideal harvest conditions.
- The past week has seen new crop barley values soften due to upward crop revisions in the states to the south. The potential higher yields may be used to meet any Queensland supply deficit.
- Old crop sorghum prices firmed slightly this week with continued price support from a lack of grower selling, unfavourable weather forecasts and ongoing dry conditions leading to planting delays.
This report has been commissioned by Dairy Australia to provide an independent and timely assessment of grain and hay markets in each dairying region. It should be remembered that actual prices may vary for quality or other reasons. Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this report, to the fullest extent permitted by Australian law Dairy Australia disclaims all liability for any inadvertent errors and for any losses or damages stemming from reliance upon its content. Dairy Australia recommends that all persons seek independent advice and, where appropriate, advice from a qualified adviser, before making any decisions about changes to business strategy.