Subtropical Dairy is run by a skills-based Board of Directors. The nine-member board comprises:
- A dairy farmer majority, including our Chairman of the Board
- Three to four directors with supporting industry and business skills sets
The Chairman of the Board is selected from the board's dairy farmer members, who must also be members of Dairy Australia. The remaining board appointments are made based on the operational and strategic position of Subtropical Dairy at the time of the appointments.
The board meets 11 times per year (including five face to face meetings and six teleconferences) and is supported by a full time Executive Officer.
Review our board's current Annual Report here.
Board appointment process
Board appointments are for a three year term. Board members can renominate for a further three years at the end of their first term, with voting held at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The board apporintment process is overseen by an industry selection panel, which is authorised by Subtropical Dairy to interview and select nominated candidates for board vacancies. Members of the industry selection panel include:
- The Subtropical Dairy Chair or Vice Chair, acting as Chair and is a non-voting member
- A Queensland Dairyfarmers Organisation representative
- NSW Farmers Association representative
- Queensland Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry representative, and
- Two nominated representative from Subtropical Dairy's regional teams
Download the Subtropical Dairy Constitution and Board Charter of Subtropical Dairy Programme from Subtropical Dairy's regional website.
Subtropical Dairy Board Members
Paul Roderick, Farmer Director, Chairman
Luke Stock, Farmer Director, Vice-Chairman
Paul Weir, Farmer Director
Audit Committee member
Katrina Sinclair, Independent Director
Member of the NRM Committee
Ian Hollindale, Independent Director
Chair of Finance & Audit Committee
Gold Coast, QLD
Jo Davey, Independent Director
Bill Tranter, Independent Director
Matt Trace, Farmer Director
Moy Pocket, QLD
Joe Bradley, Farmer Director