Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
Dairy Australia is undergoing organisational change to ensure it can harness expertise and best support the needs of the dairy industry. Here is your chance to be part of that change!
Dairy Australia’s finance team is experiencing some exciting changes as the team is now under new leadership with a new Financial Controller at the helm which has given us the opportunity to re-design the function and the structure to best serve our stakeholders.
Due to these changes, Dairy Australia is looking for an Accountant to support the Financial Controller and Finance Manager in maintaining a high level of service when it comes to finance activities.
Key responsibilities include (although not limited to):
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of Regional Development Program (“RDP”) monthly journals, including reporting on end of month, including monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Board reports, including actual vs budget results and analysis and preparation of supplementary reports
- Preparation/processing of transactions into general ledger including reviewing and/or performing general ledger reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and review of high impact income and expenditure
- Preparation of accruals and deferrals on a monthly basis, in addition to conducting end of month processing
- Support with ad hoc budgeting and forecasting tasks as required
- Participate in the collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and other ad-hoc requests
- Preparation of FBT return including compilation of all supporting calculations and documentation and liaison with internal and external parties to aid completion
- Provide business partnering support to RDPs including monthly reporting and discussion meetings
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for the prompt resolution of discrepancies and disputes
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation with a collaborative culture. This is a team where people support each other and work together to achieve great outcomes for the business.
Your responsibilities in this role are not limited to the following;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly Board reports, including actual vs budget results and analysis and preparation of supplementary reports
- The preparation/processing of transactions into general ledger, including reviewing and/or performing general ledger reconciliations
- Preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and review of high impact income and expenditure accounts
- Assist with preparation of accruals and deferrals on a monthly basis, in addition to conducting end of month processing
- Supporting the Finance Manager to conduct relevant annual budget and forecasting activities
- Supporting ad hoc budgeting and forecasting tasks as required
- Ensuring the migration of financial data between finance systems is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
To be successful you will need:
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or related field
- Professional Accounting qualification (CPA or CA) (or currently in the process of obtaining)
- Working knowledge of commercial accounting principles and Australian Accounting Standards
- Sound technical accounting knowledge, including experience in a computer related discipline accounting setting
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to exercise discretion concerning matters of a confidential or sensitive nature.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees.
This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
Accountant (PDF, 97 KB)