Dairy Australia develops tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. Our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the industry into the future. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
WestVic Dairy is the Regional Development Program that supports DA in providing a range of programs, projects, and services to western Victoria’s dairy farmers.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and working within a small team, the Regional Extension Officer (Young Dairy Network) will liaise closely with the Careers Development Co-ordinator in implementing Young Dairy Network activities sitting within the Dairy Skills project.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that regional program delivery is aligned to regional priorities and industry targets. This includes initiating development of extension activities or other support if gaps related to priority regional needs are identified.
- Communicating information between farmers, the RDP, Dairy Australia, the Dairy Learn Registered Training Organisations and service providers including gathering feedback, passing on information and reporting where relevant.
- Liaison with the Careers Development Co-ordinator to enable strong engagement and connections with people to ensure extension and education activities function well, people have valid and timely information, and networks are strong and effective.
- Regional delivery of the Young Dairy Network extension activities of Dairy Australia.
The role has a strong focus on working closely with regional networks, including service providers, to ensure that dairy farmers and service providers are well engaged in extension activities where relevant and are kept up to date on regional, state and national dairy R, D&E programs and information.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science, education/training or equivalent
- Experience in working with farmers or farmer groups, in the dairy sector
- Good organisational, project management and communication skills
- Confidence and experience in presenting, conducting workshops and discussion groups
- A good understanding and rapport with the Young Dairy Network cohort
Why work for Dairy Australia:
Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
Please note applications close Wednesday 23rd October.
To submit your application, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Regional Extension Officer (YDN) WestVic Dairy (PDF, 143 KB).