DairySA supports the profitability of farms, the capability of dairy farmers and on-farm staff, and the performance and protection of dairy herds.
- There are over 250 dairy farms in South Australia, clustered across five regions.
- In 2016/17 South Australia produced around 486 million litres of milk
- Core funding allocation comes from Dairy Australia, with other funding sources making up the remainder.
Dairying in South Australia
The four main dairying regions in South Australia - the South East, River & Lakes, Fleurieu Peninsula and the Barossa Mid North - represent approximately 5% of the national output of milk in the Australian dairy industry.
What is DairySA?
DairySA is committed to delivering regionally focused, farmer driven, practical activities and information to support farm profitability and sustainability across South Australia.
Some roles of DairySA include:
- Providing funding for research, development, education and extension (RDE&E) activities in SA
- Developing projects and workshops based on dairy farmers’ feedback (what they want, when they want it)
- Managing specific RDE&E projects for South Australian dairy farmers
- Coordinating dairy farmers’ events
- Seeking leverage funds to ensure the dairy service levy is maximised in South Australia.
“DairySA takes information developed by Dairy Australia and adapts it for use in our region. This helps South Australian dairy farmers to see a return from their levy investment on the ground.”
- Michael Connor, dairy farmer, Mt Compass, SA.
PO Box 197,
Lucindale SA 5272
T : +61 0438 262 966
Who runs DairySA?
A Board of Directors governs DairySA. Dairy farmers form the majority of the DairySA Board, with industry specialists making up the balance.
To contact any member of the Board, head to the DairySA website.
Who is the team behind DairySA?
DairySA has a dedicated and talented team of part-time staff working to bring up-to-date practical information, innovative programs and the latest research to SA's dairy farmers . They are based in rural areas across the state.
Get in touch with DairySA staff on their team page
Or leave a message for DairySA, fill out their contact form here