Dairy NSW Young Dairy Network
The New South Wales Young Dairy Network (YDN) helps its members develop dairy farm knowledge and skills, provides leadership opportunities and connects a network of young people across NSW and Australia-wide.
The NSW YDN is an initiative for young people aged 18 to 40 who are:
- New to dairying
- New to the dairy industry
- Local farmers
- Local dairy service providers
- People who want to develop both professionally and personally while building a social network
A key purpose of the YDN is to connect farmers and industry professionals with young farmers and service providers through networking. Networking is an important pathway for young dairy stakeholders to grow their capacity and ability to perform in the Australian dairy industry.
The NSW YDN service is led by four regional coordinators across four network regions. To join the YDN, complete this quick application form and a regional YDN coordinator will be in contact.
Activities are delivered by coordinators in tandem with NSW Regional Dairy Groups (RDG) and Dairy NSW. These include:
- Study tours
- Farm walks
- Training, discussion groups and workshops
- Event management experience delivering industry events
- Networking connections with Dairy NSW and other governing bodies
- Bursaries for those who are participating in industry leadership activities