South Coast and Highlands Dairy Industry Group runs programs to support the region's dairy farmers
South Coast and Highlands Dairy Industry Group
What we do
The South Coast and Highlands Dairy Industry Group (DIG) was formed in 1991 to:
- Improve the lifestyle and profitability of dairy farmers through promotion and coordination on industry issues
- Foster industry co-operation between milk producers, processors, regulators, advisors and researchers
- Maintain, encourage and develop dairy industry research and timely communication of research results
The original group consisted mostly of representative farmers from each of the Dairy Farmer Association sub-branches in the district, together with representatives from NSW Agriculture, NSW Dairy Corporation and Australian Co-operative Foods.
DIG was incorporated in 1992 and membership was enlarged by additional representation from the Dairy Women's Group, Future Dairy Leaders Group and local farmer regional discussion groups to reflect DIG’s changing role as a Regional Development Group with links in strategic direction and funding from Dairy NSW.
Geographic area we cover
DIG’s boundaries are delineated by the boundaries of the five local Councils:
- Shoalhaven, and
Activities and events
DIG supports training workshops to enhance dairy farmers’ skills across these areas:
- High quality milk production
- Herd health
- Farm productivity
- Business profitability
- Managing regulations, and
- Natural resource management.
Look up current DIG events on the Dairy NSW and RDG events calendar.
Phone: 0406 537 405
Phone: 0401 669 895