Reporting to Members
Dairy Australia reports to its members and stakeholders through a range of channels.
Annual General Meeting
Dairy Australia reports on its financial and investment performance each year to members and stakeholders at an Annual General Meeting (AGM), typically held in November. At this meeting, the Dairy Australia Managing Director and Chairman discuss:
- Achievements for the reporting year
- Where Dairy Australia is heading over the next one to five years
- How it will manage the challenges that will shape the industry's future
Dairy Australia members can ask the Board questions after the formal business of the meeting. A Notice-of-Meeting is sent to all members in mid October to invite them to the AGM and inform them of the formal business that will be conducted at the meeting, such as:
- The directors retiring or re-standing for election
- Information about the nominated candidates
- Resolutions that need to be voted on
Dairy Australia records its performance in its Annual Report, which can be downlaoded below. The Annual Report is sent to the Australian Government and members who request a copy.
Dairy Australia annual report 2018 19(09 July 2020)PDF,7.8 MB
As part its Statutory Funding Agreement with the Australian Government, Dairy Australia is required to conduct an independent review of its performance before a levy poll, which gives levy payers the opportunity to indicate their preferred rate of levy. The review evaluates how Dairy Australia performed against its Strategic and Annual Operational Plans and the value we provided for levy payers.
The latest review, completed by Scott Williams, Russell Pattinson, John Harrison and Chris Wilcox in February 2017, concludes that Dairy Australia has met all of the obligations of the Statutory Funding Agreement and performed successfully in its role as the industry services body.
While the review acknowledges many positives, it offers four key recommendations for improvement. These are listed below along with the timing for implementation:
- Continue to improve organisational culture – ongoing
- Continue working on a dashboard that reports progress against targets – December 2017
- Continue to carry out ex-post evaluations and communicate the results to levy payers – ongoing
- Continue to benchmark marketing and promotional activities – June 2018
Independent Performance Review Report - 2017(20 October 2020)PDF,1.36 MB
In addition to digital resources available through the Dairy Australia and other websites, Dairy Australia produces a wide range of publications and resources that communicate the priorities of the organisation as well as outcomes of individual investments. Printed publications can be accessed through the dairy publications section.
All members have access to the free Memberline – 1800 004 377 – to access further information. This number is also available to levy payers who wish to become a Group A member.