Farm System Evaluator
Farm System Evaluator supports dairy farm businesses with making an informed decision about their options and readiness for a farm system change, before undertaking any significant investment. Farmers have access to our farm system experts and a range of resources including an online tool.
The Farm System Evaluator online tool assesses a dairy farm’s readiness to adopt a new farm system involving feeding and housing infrastructure. Designed for farm owners and managers that are considering a system change, the tool involves answering a set of questions about a farm business across key management areas.
Farmers using the tool will be equipped with:
- Guidance on the farm system options best suited to their goals and needs.
- Visualising and preparing for the changes through a strategic and action plan.
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of operating with different feeding and housing infrastructure.
Access the online tool and additional resources below. Also discover Our Farm, Our Plan - a related program supporting dairy farmers to set long term goals, improve business performance and manage risk.
Farmers can also receive support from Dairy Australia’s farm system experts by attending a two-day workshop. It offers a great opportunity to connect with and learn from other farmers that are considering a farm system change.
The workshop will enable farmers to:
- Outline their business objectives to determine the most suitable farm system.
- Share initial versions of their strategic and action plans for group feedback.
- Make an informed decision about the options and considerations for investing in a new system.
- Get ready to start the planning, implementation and operation of their chosen system.
For more information on the workshop, email Karen Romano, National Feeding & Farm Systems Lead at Dairy Australia.