Repro Right is an intensive 10 month professional development program for dairy reproduction advisers to improve their ability to provide intensive problem-solving and whole herd reproductive management services to dairy farmers.
The program incorporates a mixture of on-line learning, 3 x 2 day and 1 x 3 day group sessions, assignments and practical tasks on the important elements of reproductive management in Australian dairy systems.
List of Repro Right advisers by region - February 2017 (PDF, 345KB)
The Repro Right program includes:
- Assessing reproductive performance
- Manipulating data to assess reproductive performance
- Heifer and calf rearing for improved reproduction
- Manipulation of calving pattern
- Mating management programs- anoestrus, synchronisation programs and heat detection
- AI and semen handling principles
- Abortion investigations
Infectious agents affecting reproductive performance
- Nutrition and body condition score
- Bull management and breeding soundness testing
- Selection of semen for improving reproductive performance
- Managing herd reproductive programs on an on-going basis
Program dates: 2018 dates to be advised.
As a guide, successful participants will most likely be:
- Degree qualified
- Actively employed in the dairy industry
- Interested in providing one-on-one advisory services to dairy farmers
- Looking to develop skills and experience in farmer extension