Read hay statistics and data about the South East South Australia region.
- Light patchy rain fell in southeast South Australia with Keith recording 2mm, Padthaway 3mm, while Naracoorte and Mt Gambier recorded no rainfall.
- Farmers in the region are busy baling and getting hay undercover in anticipation for the predicted rains.
- Demand has eased in the region. It has been reported that a lot of farmers in the region at present are eager to sell off the back of the baler in the region.
- Lucerne prices have eased this week.
- Cereal hay: +/-0 ($250 to $330/t). Prices remain steady this week.
- Lucerne hay: -25 ($450 to $550/t). Prices have eased this week.
- Straw: +/-0 ($160 to $180/t). Prices remain steady this week.
- Pasture hay: +/-0 ($250 to $300/t). Prices remain steady this week.
- Please note unless stated otherwise, prices are per tonne, delivered locally. The price range indicated is for feeds of varying quality with the price range generally indicative of quality of feed. We recommend feed testing and viewing of fodder before purchase to be sure of the quality of feed.
Change in price is the change since the last report. Hay prices are delivered, GST exclusive, based on shedded hay without weather damage, of good quality and colour. It should be noted there is a wide variation in quality for hay, so prices are indicative for a mid-range product.
This report has been commissioned by Dairy Australia to provide an independent and timely assessment of grain and hay markets in each dairying region. It should be remembered that actual prices may vary for quality or other reasons. Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this report, to the fullest extent permitted by Australian law Dairy Australia disclaims all liability for any inadvertent errors and for any losses or damages stemming from reliance upon its content. Dairy Australia recommends that all persons seek independent advice and, where appropriate, advice from a qualified adviser, before making any decisions about changes to business strategy.