Murray Dairy Regional Groups
Murray Dairy Regional Network Groups (RNGs)
Across the Murray Dairy region there are five Regional Network Groups (RNGs) for dairy farmers and the wider industry.
RNGs meet bi-monthly to discuss current challenges and opportunities for the industry, information needs and ideas for program delivery. These meetings also provide an opportunity for farmers to hear about services on offer from regional dairy service providers and guest speakers. All information is reported back to Murray Dairy and the Regional Extension and Education Committee (REEC) to inform future activities.
RNGs are responsible for:
- Identifying industry needs within the region
- Assisting with planning, promotion and implementation of industry programs within the region
- Advising on the relevance of projects within the region.
Regional Network Group meetings are advertised on the Murray Dairy Events Calendar and in the eNews.
For further enquiries, contact Murray Dairy.
Murray Dairy Discussion Groups
Discussion Groups are farmer-led groups that meet regularly to share ideas and information relevant to the members and businesses involved. Discussion Group activities may include guest presentations, farm visits, group business analysis, tours and social networking.
Discussion Groups are supported by Dairy Australia funding and the Murray Dairy extension team.
Benefits of being involved with a discussion group:
- Talk through business matters common to other dairy farmers
- Gain confidence in decision making
- Network with other farmers and service providers
- Develop skills and knowledge and learn from others.
The current Discussion Groups in the Murray Dairy region are:
- Deniliquin Discussion Group
- Katunga – Why Milk a Moo Cow
- Kyabram Discussion Group
- Loddon Discussion Group
- MG Ladies Discussion Group
- Milawa Oks
- Milking Cows for Profit (Numurkah)
- North-East Foundation Discussion Group
- NEVs (North Eastern Valleys)
- North West Discussion Group
- Numurkah Young Dairy Network Discussion Group
- Riverina Young Dairy Network Discussion Group
- Tatura/Kyabram Young Dairy Network Discussion Group.
For contact information for these Discussion Groups, please get in touch with Murray Dairy.
Dairy Business Networks
Dairy Business Networks (DBNs) are closed Discussion Groups which focus on farm financials and business development, goals and strategy.
Like Discussion Groups, DBNs operate independently and are eligible to receive funding from Dairy Australia. Often these groups are facilitated by a consultant chosen by the members.
There are currently six DBN groups established in the Murray Dairy region.
- Kyabram DBN
- Corryong DBN
- Goulburn DBN
- Rochester DBN
- Central DBN
- West DBN.
For further information about these groups, contact Murray Dairy.