Assistance for farmers
Download this list of funding opportunities and services available to assist dairy farmers across Victoria and NSW. The list includes grants, low-interest loans, financial packages and other assistance available to all farmers, whether they are in drought affected areas or not.
Personalised consultations - get a fresh perspective on your options
All dairy businesses are able to access a free, personalised Taking Stock consultation on offer from Murray Dairy and Dairy Australia. Work with an adviser of your choice to review plans, budgets or options for the coming season or the longer-term.
Consultations could include:
- Feed or water budgeting (working out how much feed and/or water to buy)
- Nutrition planning
- Evaluating different options for the coming season (irrigate vs. buy in feed?)
- Herd decisions
- Reviewing your financial position, setting up budgets and talking to the bank
- Planning for succession or exit
Once you've registered with Murray Dairy, the rest is between you and your chosen consultant. These sessions remain confidential.
Lachlan Barnes, Murray Dairy
P (03) 5833 5312
Rural Skills Connect program
The Goulburn Murray Irrigation District (GMID) is now supported by the Rural Skills Connect program with a dedicated Project Coordinator, Linda Kelly.
The program aims to help by:
- assessing individual skills and finding the right match for employment off farm
- linking with the right training opportunities and qualification pathways
- assisting dairy industry employees and employers.
There is no cost for this service. Meetings are held at a time and place that suit you.
Contact Linda for further information or to arrange an initial catch up.
M 0487 446 808