2019 Tasmanian Dairy Conference & Awards Night
'Moving Forward Together'
Whether you are engaged in the dairy industry through a large corporate farm or a small family business, we rely on our work mates, systems, researchers and service providers to collaborate and deliver.
Come along and hear how great teams work together and keep up to date on dairy innovation and issues.
This year’s event promises to be the most exciting yet with a great range of informing, inspiring, innovative and interactive presenters.
• Don’t miss highly renowned public Speaker Michael McQueen on how to engage with different generations in your business and how younger generations should act to gain trust and future opportunities
• Learn how to build a Resilient Dairy Business from Dr David Barber (Agri-science Queensland)
• Improve conception rates through Nutrition with great advice from Charlotte Westwood (PGG Wrightsons)
• Expand your knowledge on the strategic use of Once a Day milking from Paul Edwards (DairyNZ)
• Get up to date Dairy Market information and the outlook for key inputs from Michael Whitehead (ANZ)
• Understand your power bill better and things to consider (Aurora)
• Get up to date research from TIA on their project looking at virtual herding and controlled grazing
Download the full program here
An event not to be missed! Click here to register
Thursday 21st March - Registrations open 8.30am for 9am conference start, concludes 4.45pm
Pre- conference Tour – “A Point of Difference”
This year the pre-conference tour will visit Ken and Jill Lawrence owners of Fermer Partnership at Osmaston and Jeffery Gijsbers & Monique Mulder share farmers for Ashgrove Farms. Both farm businesses have a point of difference about how they are managed that can help others in their business. During the day visits will also be made to 41 South Salmon and Ginseng farm and Van Diemen’s Land Ice Creamery to see how they manage their business and taste some of their product as well.
Wednesday 20th March - Pick up from Country Club Tasmania at 8am returning at 5pm
Enjoy a wonderful night out and be the first to learn who Tasmania’s award winning dairy farmers are. Awards presented during the evening include; Dairy Farm Safety, Environmental, Employer of Choice, Employee of the Year, Young Farmer of the Year, Share Farmer of the Year and the Dairy Business of the Year. To nominate someone for an award go here
Thursday 21st March - pre-dinner drinks from 6.30pm
Farmer Early Bird: Congratulations Kate Gofton on winning the accommodation!
Book by 9am 25th February to go into the draw to win two nights accommodation at the Country Club Tasmania (Only open to Dairy Farmers, non-transferable and must be used during the conference).
Drawn 25th February
To register for all these exciting events click here
Thank you very much to our Sponsors for your support for the Tasmanian Dairy Conference & Awards Night.
Back to news