Supply Chain Investment
Dairy Australia invests across the supply chain to enhance the collective knowledge and capability of the Australian dairy industry.
The dairy value chain is highly interdependent.
- For farmers to make profits, they need processors to buy their milk, process it and sell it
- For processors to make profits, they need access to sustainable milk supplies
- Farmers and processors need strong domestic and international markets, industry capability, innovation and community acceptance of their processes
As such, a key role for Dairy Australia is facilitating profitable partnerships and linkages across the supply chain and fostering collaboration across the industry.
Approximately 80% of levy investment funds are directed toward on-farm related initiatives. Pre-farmgate investments include the key areas of:
- Feedbase and animal nutrition
- Genetics and animal improvements
- Land, water and carbon
- Health and fertility
- Farm business management
- People and capability
- Regional extension services
A sustainable dairy industry needs safe production processes, access to high-value markets and recognition of the positive contribution of the dairy industry to human health and nutrition and to the community more broadly. Post-farmgate investments include the key areas of:
- Trade and market access
- Industry and community marketing
- Industry risk and reputation management
- Manufacturing innovation and sustainability
- Knowledge and insights