Australian Dairy Conference 2020 - Sponsorship Opportunity
Western Dairy is offering one lucky young WA dairy farmer or farm worker the chance to attend this leading national dairy event in Melbourne over 19-21 February.
The successful applicant will receive full conference registration valued at $880 and up to $1,000 towards travel/accommodation expenses for the conference.
The conference begins with a welcome function at 5pm on Wednesday 19 February, intended for all persons who have never previously been to an ADC event. It is mandatory that the recipient of this sponsorship arrives in Melbourne in time to attend this function.
How it works:
• Young/emerging farmers or farm workers apply to Western Dairy for the conference sponsorship.
• Western Dairy determines the successful applicant. Preference will be shown to applicants who have not previously attended the ADC or received a bursary/sponsorship from Western Dairy/Dairy Australia.
• Applicants must live and work in the Western Australian dairy industry and be between 18-35 years of age.
• Western Dairy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
• Applications close at 5pm on Friday 10 January 2020 and the successful applicant will be notified by email no later than 5pm on Wednesday 22 January 2020.
• The successful applicant will be required to prepare a short one-page report about their time at the conference and what they learned. This should be submitted to Western Dairy within one week of their return home.
• Western Dairy expects that any person attending the ADC on a Western Dairy bursary/sponsorship will act in a responsible manner during the duration of the conference and relevant functions.
To apply for this opportunity, please download this application form.
For more information on the sponsorship, contact Western Dairy Young Dairy Network coordinator Roxy Schoof, Mob 0457 242 545, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the conference, visit australiandairyconference.com.au/
Join our Western Dairy Young Dairy Network
The Western Dairy Young Dairy Network (YDN) aims to build the capacity of young dairy people by developing their knowledge, skills and confidence.
Western Dairy YDN membership is free and open to dairy farm owners and leaseholders, farm managers and workers, industry service providers, as well as university and TAFE students between the ages of 18 and 35 years. Young prospective dairy people are also encouraged to join.
The WA network hosts a range of educational and social events throughout the year (many of which are no or low-cost) including agribusiness workshops, technical workshops, interstate study tours, local farm walks, networking dinners and quiz nights.
The calendar of events is managed by Western Dairy YDN Regional Coordinator Roxy Schoof and opportunities are shared direct with members and via the Western Dairy YDN Facebook group. Members also receive information and opportunities through the national YDN network.
Click here to join YDN today - it’s free!