Dairy Australia is the national services body for the Australian dairy industry. We act as the collective investment arm of the industry, investing in essential research, development, extension and industry services.
This role exists to design and develop Dairy Australia’s learning solutions including learning design standards, design and implementation methodology and templates and tools for both internal and external use. This includes working with stakeholders to agree on audience requirements and content priorities, as well as embedding the evaluation of Dairy Australia’s learning approaches and methods.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to design, create, renew and publish physical and virtual learning resources, including videos, photos, interactive materials, written and graphic elements for use in select Dairy Australia learning experiences
- Enable the successful transformation of selected Dairy Australia learning resources by reviewing structure and learning activities, and providing learning design and technical advice
- Coordinate the development of learning resources through to completion, within requirements of scope, time, budget and sustainability
- Contribute to the review and development of learning design standards, development and implementation methodology, templates and tools for both internal and external use
- Evaluate and incorporate the need for different styles of training such as blended learning, eLearning, and face to face training locally and regionally
- Build and support implementation of learning and adoption solutions in line with the organisational and team strategy, as well as adult-learning and motivation concepts
- Provide advice and L&D technical leadership concerning the direction, production & implementation of learning resources
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a learning and development evaluation framework that meets government requirements and responds to the Dairy Australia strategy
- Keep current with emerging trends in learning design, digital content production and the learning and development in agriculture context
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation with a collaborative culture. This is a team where people support each other and work together to achieve great outcomes for the business.
Your success in this role will be dependent on:
- Proven learning design experience around methods & tools, educational design
- Extensive experience in modern learning design and delivery techniques, with a demonstrated portfolio of work show-casing professional-level production values and ability to translate ideas into engaging learning resources
- Demonstrated capability with a range of multimedia tools and practices, and a willingness to develop new skills (for example audio, animation, interactives, games, graphics, HTML, Learning Management Systems, video, web publishing)
- An understanding of pedagogic theory and an appreciation of emerging pedagogy practices in adult learning\
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to develop effective working partnerships and propose learning design concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with highly developed ability to prioritise multiple projects with different stakeholders
- Formal education in educational/instructional design, digital learning and/or adult learning, or extensive relevant experience and specialist expertise in technical fields in adult education
- Experience with rural or agricultural industries is desirable
Why work for Dairy Australia:
Dairy Australia is the national services body for the dairy industry. Our employees are passionate about helping farmers adapt to the changing operating environment, and achieve a profitable, sustainable dairy industry.
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
If you meet the criteria and have the required experience in a similar role we would like to hear from you.
To submit your application for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Experience Designer (PDF, 127 KB)