North West Tasmania
|Date||Tas '21||Tas '20||Tas '5YA|
Notes:Change in price is the change since the last report. Prices are estimates based on delivery to dairy farms with allowance for freight, storage, and marketing costs, but exclusive of GST. Wheat prices are for the relevant stockfeed wheat available in a region (ASW, AGP, SFW1 or FED1) and F1 for barley.
- Wheat: Steady ($415 to $425/tonne). Barley: Down $5 ($350 to $360/tonne). Maize: Steady ($325 to $335/tonne). Canola Meal: Steady ($590 to $600/tonne).
- There was some favourable weather over the past week, allowing sowing to commence.
- Wheat markets continued to gain strength which saw local prices lift.
- Barley markets strengthened alongside wheat, as demand for exports increased.
- Canola prices were volatile, but continued on an upwards trends.
This report has been commissioned by Dairy Australia to provide an independent and timely assessment of grain and hay markets in each dairying region. It should be remembered that actual prices may vary for quality or other reasons. Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this report, to the fullest extent permitted by Australian law Dairy Australia disclaims all liability for any inadvertent errors and for any losses or damages stemming from reliance upon its content. Dairy Australia recommends that all persons seek independent advice and, where appropriate, advice from a qualified adviser, before making any decisions about changes to business strategy.