Find a Herd Fertility Advisor
Dairy Australia has a network of specialised Repro Right fertility advisors (herd fertility advisors) who can investigate, troubleshoot and assist dairy farmers to develop tailored solutions that fit their farm business. Repro Right advisors can help dairy farmers to improve their herd's reproductive performance and ensure they get the best return on any effort invested.
Herd Fertility AdvisorsPDF, 145.98 KB
How to become a Repro Right advisor
Repro Right is an intensive 10-month professional development program for dairy reproduction advisors to improve their ability to provide problem-solving and whole-herd reproductive management services to dairy farmers.
The program incorporates a mixture of online learning, multi-day group sessions, assignments and practical tasks on the important elements of reproductive management in Australian dairy systems.
Topics included in the Repro Right program are:
- Assessing reproductive performance
- Manipulating data to assess reproductive performance
- Heifer and calf rearing for improved reproduction
- Manipulation of calving pattern
- Reproductive physiology
- Mating management programs — anoestrus, synchronisation programs and heat detection
- AI and semen handling principles
- Abortion investigations
- Infectious agents affecting reproductive performance
- Nutrition and body condition score
- Bull management and breeding soundness testing
- Selection of semen for improving reproductive performance
- Managing herd reproductive programs on an ongoing basis.
Successful participants will most likely be:
- Actively employed in the dairy industry
- Interested in providing one-on-one advisory services to dairy farmers
- Have good computer skills
- Looking to develop skills and experience in farmer extension.