Under the leadership of Agriculture Victoria research scientist and La Trobe university Professor Jennie Pryce, the DairyBio animal program is focused on driving productivity and profitability gains through genetic improvement, lowering costs by enabling selection for health traits and developing improved breeding management tools. DairyBio is on track to deliver an additional value of $350 per cow per year.
Join Murray Dairy extension officer Ross Read and Agriculture Victoria research scientist Professor Jennie Pryce to hear more and Ask the researcher about genetic improvement, the NBO and ABVs at the Genetic improvement virtual forum.
They will be discussing and answering questions about:
- Genetic gain has doubled in sires since 2010
- DairyBio drives innovation through improving and developing new ABVs, that are adopted into DataGenes BPI and HWI
- A BPI of 300 means that the animal is $300 more profitable than the average
- Increases in reliability are valued at $27 per cow per year
- Review of the National Breeding Objectives 2020
- Where to from here
For more information read the article in the first edition of Dairy News Innovation click here
Fill out your details below and the Zoom link will be sent to your email address