Feeding dairy cows profitably is an issue of utmost importance to all dairy farmers.
This three-day course provides participants with information on how to efficiently and effectively use supplements while still maximising pasture consumption.
The course is designed for dairy farmers, farm employees and dairy service providers with little or no experience in dairy cow nutrition. This course is also great for those wishing to refresh their nutritional knowledge.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss several nutritional questions they have as well as gain the knowledge to help them make informed nutritional decisions for their farming system.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of getting nutrition right
- Ruminant digestion and factors that limit intake
- Feeds for dairy cows
- Whats in Feeds the language of nutrition
- Nutrients supplied by different feeds
- Balancing the diet
- Feed budgeting
- Comparing cost of nutrients