Guide to collective bargaining
Knowing how to collective bargain can mean better contract terms tailored to your needs.
If you're a dairy farmer and thinking of forming a group to negotiate supply contracts then our how-to guide collective bargaining for dairy farmers can help you.
- understanding what is involved with setting up a collective bargaining group
- understanding the benefits including:
- greater price certainty
- milk quality premiums
- reduced costs through transport
- avoiding pitfalls, including:
- unrealistic expectations
- poor communication
- poor governance
The guide also includes case studies, governance guidelines and resources and contacts.
There are however legal considerations for collective bargaining in Australia and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) assesses each application on a case by case basis.
Download the guide:
- Collective bargaining for dairy farmers (PDF, 1.1MB)
Please contact Claire Miller at Dairy Australia on email@example.com.